Current Job Openings
Frontend Software Engineer
- Close Date
- 31 Jan 2018
- Jarvis Street Campus, Cape Town
What you’ll do:
- Work on our data collection and mapping technology using some of the latest tech (React, Redux, .NET Core)
- Design and implement maintainable & reliable code.
- Write integration and load tests.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, PMs, and other relevant teams.
What you’ll need:
- A bachelors in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Be friendly, have a positive attitude and be willing to learn.
- Nice to have: experience in Azure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, C#, Restful API design and open source projects.
Interested in becoming a part of the WhereIsMyTransport mission? Head over to our online application portal and apply now!
Also, take a look at our company website: https://www.whereismytransport.com and Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/whereismytransport
WhereIsMyTransport is a technology company with offices in London and Cape Town. We collect and provide access to public transport data from African cities, overcoming the complexity of local networks and enabling customer success through our unique data and services. Our offerings include data collection, data access, and journey planning.
Our data collection service creates reliable information from both formal and informally run public transport networks in African cities. Access to our comprehensive datasets enables individuals and organisations to analyse, integrate or make decisions which rely on understanding public transport in African cities. Journey planning for formal and informally run public transport in African cities is made easier thanks to the combination of our powerful platform and advanced data.
Born in Cape Town, South Africa, we also have offices in London. Our work has received award recognition from the International Transport Forum, NewCities and the Global Grand MobiPrize and been featured in Wired, The Guardian, and BBC, among others.
Our purpose extends from our business to the core of our company culture, which is built on four values: Support, Strive, Solve, and Serve. Whether you’re located at our Cape Town campus or our London office, our teams are passionate about bringing innovation to solve real problems for real people.